This is the support page for Disk Decipher, an app that allows access to encrypted disk images (e.g. TrueCrypt or FreeOTFE) from your iPhone and iPad.
Disk Decipher is copyright 2014 Richard Huveneers.
Version 2.1.3 has been approved by Apple.
Version 2.2.0 is currently in development.
Version 2.1.3 supports:
- Manage multiple disks
- Storage provider: local filesystem (transfer the disk image from another app using the Open In menu, or use iTunes (best option for transferring large disk images))
- Remote storage provider, HTTP and HTTPS based storage. The server must be HTTP 1.1 compliant. This feature should provide access to most cloud storage providers offering webdav access (tested with Box).
- Remote storage provider: Dropbox (direct access to disk images stored in your Dropbox account without downloading the full disk image)
- Disk image formats: TrueCrypt, FreeOTFE and LUKS
- Filesystems: FAT (FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32, full Unicode in long file names), Apple HFS+ and HFSX
- File viewer supports many document types (Word, Excel, PDF, RTF, plain-text, images, etc.)
- File viewer supports audio playback (MP3, WAV, etc.)
- File viewer supports movie playback (MP4, MOV, etc.)
- File viewer supports printing of all supported document types
- File viewer supports saving decrypted images to Photos library
- File viewer supports editing of plain-text files
- File viewer supports swiping to view next/previous file (iOS 6.0 or higher required)
- Open In menu to transfer decrypted files to other apps
- Passcode protection
If you require a specific feature which is currently missing, please submit a feature request so I can prioritize the implementation of new features.
To contact me, please use the e-mail address below. Please consult the FAQ first before contacting me.
Positive feedback is welcome too of course.
appdev at hekkihek.nl