Disk Decipher is copyright 2012-2021 Richard Huveneers.
Current status: Version 3.5.2 has been approved by Apple.
Version 3.5.3 will add
- The app could crash when trying to add a file. This has been fixed.
This update has been approved by Apple, so it should arrive on your device shortly, if it hasn't already.
Version 3.5.2 supports:
- Platforms: iOS, iPadOS and macOS
- Manage multiple disks
- Storage provider: Local Disk
- Storage provider: Linked Disk
- Remote storage provider, HTTP and HTTPS based storage. The server must be HTTP 1.1 compliant. This feature should provide access to most cloud storage providers offering webdav access (tested with Box).
- Remote storage provider: Dropbox (direct access to disk images stored in your Dropbox account without downloading the full disk image)
- Remote storage provider: Google Drive (direct access to disk images stored in your Google Drive account without downloading the full disk image)
- Remote storage provider: Microsoft OneDrive and OneDrive for Business (direct access to disk images stored in your Microsoft OneDrive account without downloading the full disk image)
- Remote storage provider: Box (direct access to disk images stored in your Box account without downloading the full disk image)
- Disk image formats: TrueCrypt, VeraCrypt, FreeOTFE, LUKS and Apple Disk Image (encrypted DMG)
- Filesystems: FAT (FAT12, FAT16 and FAT32, full Unicode in long file names), exFAT, Apple HFS+ and HFSX, NTFS (NTFS compression and encryption are not supported)
- File viewer supports many document types (Word, Excel, PDF, RTF, plain-text, images, etc.)
- File viewer supports streaming audio playback (MP3, WAV, etc.)
- File viewer supports streaming movie playback (MP4, MOV, etc.)
- File viewer supports printing of all supported document types
- File viewer supports saving decrypted images to Photos library
- File viewer supports editing of plain-text files
- File viewer supports searching of plain-text and RTF files
- File viewer supports swiping to view next/previous file
- Options menu to share/export decrypted files to other apps
- Passcode protection with Touch ID and Face ID support
- Write support
- Photo camera to store new photos securely in your encrypted container
- File import (encryption) from apps supporting document providing
- Import photos and videos from iOS Photo Library
- iCloud storage
- iPadOS external storage
- Tiled directory view (presents files as tiles, a small preview will be shown for image files to simplify browsing)
- iOS File Provider (this allows accessing files inside your encrypted containers from other apps, like iOS Files)
- Drag files from other locations and drop them into an encrypted container
- Option to save disk passwords in keychain
- GUID Partition Table